12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get in touch with your spiritual side on this private full-day tour of Ganga Sagar from Kolkata, including hotel pick-up. Take a ferry cruise along the Ganges River to Sagar Island, then enjoy the undivided attention of your guide as you explore the many temples and ashrams. Learn why Ganga Sagar has become an important Hindu pilgrimage site; visit the sacred Kapil Muni Temple; and discover the philanthropic work carried out by ashrams like Bharat Sevashram Sangha and Ramakrishna Mission.
- Full-day tour to Ganga Sagar from Kolkata with an expert private guide
- Enjoy a scenic boat ride along the Ganges River toward Sagar Island
- Visit Kapil Muni Temple, where many Hindus pay their respects to Hindu sage Kapil Muni
- Learn about the humanitarian work of Hindu organizations with visits to the ashrams (missions) of Bharat Sevashram Sangha, Ramakrishna Mission and Omkarnath
- Private transportation to and from site locations and round-trip ferry ticket included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No strict dress code is required in places of worship, but please dress respectfully; short shorts and sleeveless and tank tops are not recommended
- Tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GeTs Holidays
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Temples and Ashrams of Ganga Sagar Day Trip from Kolkata?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Temples and Ashrams of Ganga Sagar Day Trip from Kolkata?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Temples and Ashrams of Ganga Sagar Day Trip from Kolkata?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Temples and Ashrams of Ganga Sagar Day Trip from Kolkata?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingKolkataBus Tours - West BengalFull-day Tours - West BengalBus Tours - DhakaFull-day Tours - DhakaBus Tours - BhubaneswarFull-day Tours - BhubaneswarCategory
Eden GardensTagore's House (Jorasanko Thakur Bari)Indian MuseumMarble PalaceAcharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic GardensNakhoda Mosque (Nakhoda Masjid)Himalayan Mountaineering InstitutePadmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological ParkAquatica Water ParkBharat Sevashram Sangha TempleMP Birla PlanetariumSt. John’s ChurchKalighat Kali TempleDarjeeling Himalayan RailwayChowringhee (Chourangi)Dakshineswar Kali TempleSt Paul's CathedralGhum Monastery (Yiga Choeling Monastery)GangtokPareshnath Jain Temple (Parasnath Jain Temple)