3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Enjoy an exclusive cooking demonstration and access to a local restaurateur’s home during this authentic Bengali food experience. Bengali cuisine is distinct, and your food-loving hostess Bibi will teach you all about the flavors, techniques, and secrets behind regional specialties. Enjoy a meal afterwards with the family, including various curries, rice, and a sweet.
- Lunch or dinner-time options are available
- Beverages and local beer are included
- Authentic home-cooking and dining experience
- See a side of Kolkata and its people that’s far off the tourist circuit
Saved to wishlist!
shaag bhaja (fried greens)
vegetable bhaja (fried eggplant, crisp fried potato sticks)
khao suey (Indian style Burmese chicken curry and noodle)
mishti doi (sweetened yoghurt)
Private cooking class with your host Bibi
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointKolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
You can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Learn to Cook Authentic Bengali Food in a Local Home?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Learn to Cook Authentic Bengali Food in a Local Home?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Learn to Cook Authentic Bengali Food in a Local Home?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Learn to Cook Authentic Bengali Food in a Local Home?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Learn to Cook Authentic Bengali Food in a Local Home
2 hours 25 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeKolkataCooking Classes - West BengalCooking Classes - DhakaCooking Classes - BhubaneswarCategory
Eden GardensChowringhee (Chourangi)St Paul's CathedralKalighat Kali TemplePareshnath Jain Temple (Parasnath Jain Temple)Dakshineswar Kali TempleAcharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic GardensHimalayan Mountaineering InstituteGhum Monastery (Yiga Choeling Monastery)MP Birla PlanetariumNakhoda Mosque (Nakhoda Masjid)St. John’s ChurchTagore's House (Jorasanko Thakur Bari)Marble PalaceAquatica Water ParkBharat Sevashram Sangha TemplePadmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological ParkGangtokIndian MuseumDarjeeling Himalayan Railway