4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Kolkata is filled with buildings that reflect its time as the British Raj’s capital during the 18th and 19th centuries. On this walking tour, view the sights as you retrace the history of the British in the city. See the Governor’s House, Victoria Memorial, and more; and hear stories about the Raj and India’s independence struggle you might miss otherwise. If you wish, upgrade to include hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Explore the sights of the British Raj on a walking tour of Kolkata
- View all the colonial-era highlights with ease and without getting lost
- See the Victoria Memorial and more, and hear facts and tales you'd miss alone
- Includes entry fees and refreshments, plus upgrade for return hotel transfers
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
All hotels in Kolkata
- Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust, Watgunj Redlight Area, Watganj, Kolkata, West Bengal 700023, India
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY 5 Senses Walks
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during British Raj Walk in Kolkata?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during British Raj Walk in Kolkata?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during British Raj Walk in Kolkata?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during British Raj Walk in Kolkata?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
British Raj Walk in Kolkata
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursCity ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingKolkataShore Excursions - West BengalBus Tours - West BengalCity Tours - West BengalPorts of Call Tours - West BengalHalf-day Tours - West BengalShore Excursions - DhakaBus Tours - DhakaCity Tours - DhakaPorts of Call Tours - DhakaHalf-day Tours - DhakaShore Excursions - BhubaneswarBus Tours - BhubaneswarCity Tours - BhubaneswarPorts of Call Tours - BhubaneswarHalf-day Tours - BhubaneswarCategory
Ghum Monastery (Yiga Choeling Monastery)Bharat Sevashram Sangha TempleAquatica Water ParkDarjeeling Himalayan RailwaySt. John’s ChurchEden GardensMarble PalaceGangtokMP Birla PlanetariumBelur MathKalighat Kali TempleChowringhee (Chourangi)Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanic GardensPadmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological ParkCollege StreetNakhoda Mosque (Nakhoda Masjid)Indian MuseumTagore's House (Jorasanko Thakur Bari)Himalayan Mountaineering InstituteSt Paul's Cathedral