- Private 6-to-8-hour backwater cruise in Kerala
- Hop on a houseboat, and take in views along the water
- Journey on a shikara, and pass jungle scenery, fishing villages, and rice patties
- Indulge in Keralan lunch, coffee and tea, and traditional snacks along the way
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick guests from all hotels in Cochin / Alleppey / Kumarakom
What To Expect
Sit back for a drive to the waterfront in Alleppey. Board a houseboat and take off on the Punnamada Lake, home of the Nehru trophy boat race. Pass by villages, take in panoramic views across the lake, and stop for a traditional Kerelan lunch.
After lunch, board a wooden shirkara, a narrower vessel which makes it easy to get down the canals on the water. Cruise by fishing villages, rice patties, and jungle scenery. You can even catch a glimpse of palm trees along the 1-hour route. Indulge in some Kerala-inspired snacks with coffee or tea before heading back to the waterfront in Alleppey.
Your tour concludes with drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Kochi is the new name for Cochin; Alappuzha is the new name for Alleppey
- Please note that neither the houseboat nor the smaller shikara have any air-conditioning, although there is generally a breeze blowing while cruising
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Delhi Airport Service
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Private Backwater Cruise on a Houseboat and Shikara including Lunch.