3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
When traveling abroad, there is no other experience like cooking and eating a meal with a local. Learn the culinary traditions of the Ukraine as you learn to cook a meal during a private class in a Ukranian kitchen. Enjoy learning to make borscht (beetroot soup) and varenyky (dumplings). Get a glimpse into the local traditions of this region, and take home recipes to cook them for your friends and family
- Private, English or Russian language cooking class and meal
- Recipe cards provided; recreate your meal at home
- Choose from morning or afternoon options; easily fit this experience into your schedule
- Round trip transportation from your Kiev hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Traditional Ukrainian soup
Three different types of varenyky
Private cooking class
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Borsch and varenyky tasting
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel or apartment in Kyiv
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 1 people per booking
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Green Tour Ukraine
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Ukrainian Cuisine Cooking Class: Borsch and Varenyky?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Ukrainian Cuisine Cooking Class: Borsch and Varenyky?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "Truly worthwhile three hour home cooking course, including the transportation and a complete meal." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Ukrainian Cuisine Cooking Class: Borsch and Varenyky
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeKievCooking Classes - ChisinauCooking Classes - KharkivCooking Classes - IasiCategory
People’s Friendship Arch Tours & TicketsNational Philharmonic of Ukraine Tours & TicketsSt. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery Tours & TicketsNational Opera House of Ukraine Tours & TicketsRichard's Castle Tours & TicketsOlimpiyskiy National Sports Complex (Kiev Olympic Stadium) Tours & TicketsMamaeva Sloboda Open-Air Museum Tours & Tickets