- Private full-day tour of Khajuraho Temples and handicrafts
- Enjoy a more personalized experience with a private guide
- Have the option to watch an evening show at the western temples about the Chandela royals
- Includes temple entrance fees, buffet lunch, private guide, and transportation
Departure & Return
Pickup from Hotel / Airport or Anywhere in Khajuraho
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin at Kandariya Mahadev temple, a massive structure with more than 870 statues and carvings. Continue to the Chaunset Yogini temple, the Chitragupta temple, and Viswanath Temple — the largest example of the temples in this area.
The World Heritage-listed Khajuraho temples were built between the 9th and 12th centuries, and are known for their depictions of eroticism along with other themes.
After a morning of temple hopping, take a break for a buffet lunch at a popular restaurant. Then browse the selection of handicrafts made by local households in this small town, where houses have been converted into budget hotels, shops, and restaurants.
In the early evening, have the option to see a sound and light show (at additional expense) at the temple complex. The 50-minute show is presented in both Hindi and English, and it highlights the story of the Chandela dynasty that built the temples around Khajuraho.
When your tour ends around 7:30 pm, your guide returns you to your Khajuraho hotel, or to the airport or train station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nikita Holidays
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience