- Private full-day Kandy tour and cultural show
- Explore the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens to see tall palms, giant bamboo, orchids, and more
- Visit the gold-roofed Temple of the Tooth, home to a relic of a tooth of Buddha
- Asborb stellar views of Kandy from the giant Buddha at Sri Mahabodhi Vihara
- Enjoy traditional songs, dances, and fire acts at a Kandy Cultural Show
- Stop for lunch (own expense) and visit a gem factory and woodcarving workshop
- Private air-conditioned transport, private guide, and hotel pickup and drop-off included, with entrance fees at own expense
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Kandy
What To Expect
Stop first at Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens, a 147-acre (59-hectare) plant-filled park dating to the British colonial era. Head inside (own expense) to stroll the lawns and avenues, seeing highlights like towering coconut palms, giant bamboos, and the orchid house while expanding your botanical knowledge.
After three hours here, continue to the Sri Mahabodhi Vihara in Bahiravakanda, a hill monastery with a colossal Buddha statue. Climb to the top for bird’s-eye views over Kandy, and after lunch (own expense) at a restaurant of your choice back in town, visit the world-famous Temple of the Tooth.
Enter (own expense) this gold-roofed lakeside temple, a former royal complex of Kandy’s kings, and home to a relic of a tooth of Buddha. Spend an hour admiring the shrines, and after calling at a gem crafting and woodcarving workshop, take a seat for a Kandy Cultural Show.
Enjoy the displays of Kandyan song and dance by richly costumed artistes, and be swept up by highpoints such as the masked demon dances and fire acts.
Your tour then concludes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kandy City Tour.