- Trek to the village of Hiriwaduna and visit the Sigiriya Rock Fortress on this private excursion
- Observe wildlife like birds, butterflies, and the occasional crocodile while hiking to the village
- Enjoy village activities like a boat ride and a trip on a bullock cart
- Dig into an included Sri Lankan-style lunch prepared by a village family
- Experience Sigiriya Rock Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Private guide ensures personalized service and attention
Departure & Return
All hotels and places in Kandy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Spot local wildlife as you proceed through the jungle and marshland, eventually reaching the settlement. You get to observe residents as they go about daily tasks like fishing and washing clothes, and then take a boat ride and a “bullock cart” ride up to the home of a local family, who prepares your lunch. After your meal, head to the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that dates back hundreds of years.
For full details of the day’s activities, please review the itinerary below.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Beyond Escapes
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.