- Explore two of Sri Lanka’s UNESCO-listed treasures
- Visit Sigiriya rock to see its 5th-century ruins and landscaped gardens
- Admire the maiden frescoes, giant stone lion claws, and moats, paths, and reservoirs
- Visit the Dambulla Rock Caves to see their rich murals and Buddha statues
- Lunch (own expense) at your chosen local restaurant
- Personalized attention from a private guide, private air-conditioned transport, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Kandy
What To Expect
The 5th-century capital of King Kasyapa, the 590-foot (180-meter) granite rock of Sigiriya rears from jungle, and boasts the ruins of palace buildings, ponds, moats, and reservoirs at the summit and base.
On arrival, head inside (own expense) for a 2-hour visit. Admire the carved lion paws at the entrance and climb to the famous, 1,500-year-old paintings of maidens on the rock face. Marvel at the still-bright frescoes, and take in the terraced summit, garden ruins, and Sigiriya Museum, as your guide outlines the rock’s history.
After lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) of your choice, continue toward UNESCO-protected Dambulla, home to rock caves thought to have been crafted by King Valagambahu in the 1st century BC.
Following a roughly 40-minute journey, go inside (own expense) and walk to the caves as your guide tells how Valagambahu carved them into temples and adorned them with murals and Buddha statues. Then, wander through the caverns and marvel at the incredibly detailed paintings, statues, figurines, and images.
Finally, drive back to Kandy where your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour.
- Wearing covering attire along with Sandals or Flip Flops is recommend for Temple of the Tooth Relic and to all other religious sights of Sri Lanka.
- Driving time may change due to unpredictable road traffic.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems (climbing in Sigiriya)
- Not recommended for pregnant women (climbing in Sigiriya)
- Not wheelchair accessible (certain areas)
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Sigiriya and Dambulla from Kandy .