- Private 6-hour walking tour of Old Jerusalem’s Christian sites
- Learn about Jerusalem’s central role in Christianity from a knowledgeable guide
- Visit top Christian sites such as the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and Via Dolorosa
- See the Church of St Anne and Pool of Bethesda, the believed site of one of Jesus’ miracles
- View the Western Wall (Wailing Wall) and Dome of the Rock
- Check out the Cardo, Jerusalem’s ancient main street, and browse a colorful bazaar
- Enjoy undivided attention and personalized commentary from a private guide
Departure & Return
Your guide will meet you in front of Gloria Hotel by the entrance. The hotel is located near Jaffa Gate inside the walls of the city.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow your guide through one of the main gates into the walled city, and soak up the timeless atmosphere as you hear fascinating historical facts about the different streets and buildings.
Stop first to see the Dome of the Rock, the city’s most hallowed Islamic site, located on the Temple Mount. Admire the golden dome atop the shrine, and hear about its religious significance.
Continue to the poignant Via Dolorosa, also known as the Way of the Cross. Believed to be the route taken by Jesus to his crucifixion, the path is punctuated by 14 stations marking the key stages of his journey. Soak up the palpable sense of history along the route, and follow the streets to the 12th-century Church of St Anne in the Muslim quarter, thought to stand on the site of the Virgin Mary’s birth.
Visit the nearby Pool of Bethesda, where Jesus is believed to have performed one of his miracles, and then continue along the Via Dolorosa to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, built on the site of Jesus’ crucifixion.
Stop to see the Calvary and Resurrection Tombs, and then make your way to the Western Wall (Wailing Wall), one of the holiest sites in the Jewish religion. Take in the sight of the worshippers here, before checking out Mount Zion and heading to the Cardo, the remains of Jerusalem’s ancient main street.
See how part of this 1,500-year-old, arcaded street has been brought back to life with modern shops, and then browse the stalls at the Muslim Quarter’s busiest bazaar for souvenirs of your visit.
Your tour ends when you say goodbye to your guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tour will start from Jaffa Gate. You will be contacted to confirm the meeting point and time
- The Dome of the Rock is closed on Fridays and Saturdays
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Michael Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Old City of Jerusalem Christianity Tour.