- Full-day Old Jerusalem and Dead Sea trip from Jerusalem with a private driver-guide
- Enjoy the city views from the Mount of Olives and see the Garden of Gethsemane
- Enter the Old City to visit the Western Wall and Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Walk part of the Via Dolorosa, the route Jesus took to his crucifixion
- Travel through the rugged Judean Desert to the Dead Sea
- Float in the salt-rich waters and coat yourself in the health-giving mud
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and undivided attention from a guide on this private tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
The itinerary on this tour can be customized to any interests, for example, spending more time at one location over another. That’s one of the primary advantages of this private tour.
The first stop is at the Mount of Olives for a scenic overview of the entire city of Jerusalem. This mountain ridge is east of the Old City and named for the olive groves that once covered its slopes. From atop the mount, there is also a view of the Dome of the Rock, a shrine located on the Temple Mount and one of the oldest works of Islamic architecture. It is arguably Jerusalem's most recognizable landmark.
Throughout the day, listen as your guide shares interesting information about Jerusalem’s 4,000-year-old history and explains its sacred place in the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions.
The tour then passes through the Garden of Gethsemane, at the foot of the Mount of Olives. This garden is known as the place where Jesus prayed, and also where his disciples slept, the night before his crucifixion. Then it’s off to the Walls of Jerusalem that surround the Old City. The walls were built in the 1530s, when Jerusalem was part of the Ottoman Empire, to protect its borders from intruders.
Further along through the Armenian Quarter, visit the famous Western Wall, the holiest of Jewish sites, then to the Christian Quarter along the Via Dolorosa, the street that Jesus walked along on the way to his crucifixion. Here, look for the 14 stations of the cross while retracing Jesus’ steps to the Hill of Calvary, now the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Upon arrival at the Dead Sea, change into a swimsuit and head to the water. At 1,312 feet (400 meters) below sea level, this is the lowest place on earth. After applying a covering of mineral-rich black mud, wash it off in a sulfur pool before a therapeutic swim or float in the legendary Dead Sea.
The tour concludes here for a return trip to your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This itinerary is only a proposal; we can customize this private tour according to your wishes
- Modest dress is required when entering the holy sites; covered knees and shoulders
- We recommend to bring comfortable walking shoes, swimwear, water, towel and sun protection.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- On Saturday and holidays, an extra charge of $125 applies
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Bein Harim Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms