- Full-day tour of Masada Fortress, Ein-Gedi Nature Reserve, and the Dead Sea from Jerusalem
- Idea for travelers with time constraints
- Watch a desert sunrise from the UNESCO-listed Masada Fortress after a challenging hike
- Visit an oasis and look out for wildlife in Ein-Gedi Nature Reserve
- Float in the buoyant waters of the Dead Sea
Departure & Return
Please wait outside the hotel
What To Expect
While your driver waits at the mountain’s base, embark on a challenging hike to the mountain’s summit to watch a desert sunrise. Enjoy free time to explore the ruins before making your descent and reconvening with your driver.
Your next stop is the Ein-Gedi Nature Reserve. Follow your choice of well-marked hiking trails independently, admiring waterfalls, caves, and wadis and then return to the vehicle for the journey to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on planet earth.
On arrival at a private Dead Sea beach resort, you have ample free time to float and flounder in the salt-saturated water, which is reputed to have healing properties. After drying off and showering, return to your original departure point in Jerusalem.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- The hike to the top of Masada Mountain requires a moderate level of fitness
- Bring waterproof shoes for the Dead Sea section — the sea bed can be rocky
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tourist Israel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Masada Sunrise Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour from Jerusalem.