- Ride on the longest and highest guided aerial tramway in Canada
- Gain a new perspective on UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jasper National Park
- Enjoy the alpine tundra and wide array of wildlife
- Rent some snowshoes at the upper station in the early season
Departure & Return
|Monday - Sunday:||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
What To Expect
Arrive at the SkyTram any time during the attraction’s opening hours. Climb aboard your enclosed tram car for the ride to the top. An experienced and knowledgeable guide will accompany you on your trip, sharing a few insights about the area, its history and the wealth of wildlife nearby during your ride.
Over the course of your seven-minute ride, you’ll ascend to a height of 7,425 feet (2,263m) above sea level, enjoying superlative views of the surrounding mountain ranges as you climb. Soon you arrive at the alpine upper station, where you can take in panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. Make sure to take a stroll on the boardwalk and the 1.4km Summit Trail to the top of Whistlers Mountain at 8,081 feet (2,463m) where you can view six mountain ranges. You might spot a ptarmigan, ground squirrels, hoary marmots (famous for their whistling alerts), pikas and sometimes even bighorn sheep along the way.
Before you leave the mountain, make sure to stop at the Summit Restaurant for a meal at the top of the Canadian Rockies. Visit the gift shops at the upper or lower stations, where you can purchase a souvenir for friends back home of your memorable trip.
Please note: this product is seasonal and only operates from late March through to the end of October.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Perfect time to visit is in the morning or evening, which provides the best light for photography and there are typically fewer visitors during these hours
- Children under 6 years are complimentary, but must be accompanied by a paid adult on the tram ride
- Wheelchair accessible, except the second floor of the upper station and the 1.4 km Whistlers Summit Trail
- Due to uneven surfaces, Whistlers Summit Trail is not recommended for individuals with walking disabilities
- Operates in all weather conditions. Carry water, sunscreen and dress in layers to stay warm. The upper station can be 12° C cooler than Jasper townsite
- Well-behaved dogs on a leash are welcome on the SkyTram when a ticket is purchased on-site
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Jasper SkyTram
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Jasper SkyTram.