- Day trip to Troy from Istanbul by luxury coach
- Enjoy a seafood lunch in the coastal town of Eceabat
- Travel by ferry from Eceabat to Canakkale, and then visit the UNESCO-listed archaeological site of Troy
- Walk around the ruins of Troy with your guide and hear tales of the Trojan War
- Visit the wooden Trojan Horse statue before returning to Istanbul
Departure & Return
We will meet in front of the hostel at 7am.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
In Eceabat, stop for lunch at Liman and savor a delicious two-course seafood meal, one of the best in town. Then board a ferry and cross the Canakkale in about 20 minutes. Finally, take a short coach ride to the ancient city of Troy and admire this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Explore Troy with your guide and learn about this city which existed nearly 4,000 years ago. Then, enjoy a 1-hour walking tour and gain insight about the history of one of the most popular archaeological sites. Hear how this it was the first link between Anatolia and the rest of the Mediterranean and started as settlements before becoming a kingdom. Then, learn how Troy evolved from the Bronze age, under Greek and Roman reign, and even as a small city in the Byzantine empire before collapsing.
Listen to lore of the Trojan War such as the mythological story about the Trojan prince (Paris) who stole Helen from her husband Menelaus, king of Sparta and was the catalyst for the 10-year Trojan War with the Achaeans (Greeks). Next, marvel at the at the wooden Trojan Horse whose iconic image defines this legendary war. Afterwards, hop back on your coach and journey back to your Istanbul hotel where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fez Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Day Tour - Troy Tour from Istanbul.