Are you interested in?
3 Tours & Activities
Tickets & Passes
131 Tours & Activities
Shows & Performances
22 Tours & Activities
1 hour (Approx.)
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
As a cultural practice honored by the UNESCO Heritage of Humanity designation, the Mevlevi Semah ceremony offers a transfixing, centuries-old cultural experience. Don't miss this singular dance form with a whirling dervish show in the heart of Istanbul. Just sit down for your experience to watch the Sufi dancers spin and rotate in twisting movements, enjoy the accompanying music, and encounter one of the most popular and beautiful experiences in Turkey.
- Marvel at a centuries-old ceremony with tickets to a whirling dervish show
- Learn about cultural practices of the Mevleviye, a 13th-century Sufi order
- Easily add this evening event to any itinerary, with shows six nights a week
- See the show at Istanbul's Sirkeci Station, a short walk from Topkapi Palace
Saved to wishlist!
60 minute Dervish Ceremony
Departure & Return
Departure PointSarnıç Fine Dining Restaurant, Cankurtaran, Soğuk Çeşme Sk. No:26, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY TravelGroup24
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Istanbul: Original Whirling Dervish Ceremony?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Istanbul: Original Whirling Dervish Ceremony?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Istanbul: Original Whirling Dervish Ceremony?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Istanbul: Original Whirling Dervish Ceremony?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all 5
Product code: 8996P108
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursFamily-friendly Shows Sightseeing Tickets & PassesShows, Concerts & SportsTours & SightseeingIstanbulSkip-the-Line Tours - VarnaFamily-friendly Shows - VarnaSkip-the-Line Tours - IzmirFamily-friendly Shows - IzmirSkip-the-Line Tours - PamukkaleFamily-friendly Shows - PamukkaleCategory
Cicek Pasaji (Flower Passage)Patriarchal Church of St. GeorgeAga Turkish Bath (Aga Hamami)Great Palace Mosaic MuseumAynalikavak Palace (Aynalikavak Kasri)Anadolu KavagiGreen Tomb (Yesil Türbe)Beyazit Mosque (Beyazit Camii)Hippodrome (Sultanahmet Meydani)Pera Museum (Pera Müzesi)Istanbul SEA LIFE® AquariumIsfanbul (Vialand)Church of Saints Sergius and Bacchus (Kücük Ayasofya Camii)Eyup Sultan MosqueTroy (Truva)Eminonu Pier (Eminönü Iskelesi)Istanbul Archaeological Museums (Istanbul Arkeoloji Muzeleri)Rustem Pasha Mosque (Rüstem Paşa Camii)Bursa Grand Mosque (Ulu Cami)Küçüksu Palace (Küçüksu Kasri)