Are you interested in?
1200 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
2034 Tours & Activities
16 Tours & Activities
3 hours 20 minutes to 4 hours 10 minutes (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Experience another side of multi-cultural, multi-faith Istanbul and uncover the city’s fascinating Jewish heritage on this 4-hour small-group walking tour. With numbers limited to 15, you’ll have plenty of chance to ask questions and deepen your knowledge as you explore the streets and synagogues of colorful Galata, the heart of Istanbul’s Jewish community. Learn about the city’s rich Jewish history at the Jewish Museum, then visit beautiful landmarks like the Ari Ashkenazi Synagogue and the Camondo Buildings.
- 4-hour walking tour of Istanbul’s Jewish district of Karaköy with an expert guide
- Visit the Ari Ashkenazi Synagogue, the only working synagogue for Istanbul's Ashkenazi Jewish communtiy
- Chart the story of the city's Jewish community at the fascinating Jewish Museum
- Stroll the historic streets to see the Neve Shalom, Georgian and Italian synagogues
- Admire the Camondo Buildings, constructed by 19th-century Jewish financier Abraham Camondo, banker to the Ottoman Empire
- Hear about Istanbul's Jewish community, culture and religion through the ages
- Small-group limited to 15 people for a more personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Explore the city's Jewish heritage by foot, with a stop at the Museum of Turkish Jews.
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Centrally located Istanbul hotels
Please provide your hotel address and phone details
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Istanbul Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Istanbul Jewish Quarter Walking Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Istanbul Jewish Quarter Walking Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Istanbul Jewish Quarter Walking Tour?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Istanbul Jewish Quarter Walking Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 5744JEWISH
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingIstanbulBus Tours - VarnaHistorical Tours - VarnaBus Tours - IzmirHistorical Tours - IzmirBus Tours - PamukkaleHistorical Tours - PamukkaleCategory
Fener DistrictEminonu Pier (Eminönü Iskelesi)Obelisk of TheodosiusGreen Tomb (Yesil Türbe)Pelit Chocolate MuseumGülhane Park (Gülhane Parki)Küçüksu Palace (Küçüksu Kasri)Beyazit Mosque (Beyazit Camii)Borusan ContemporaryPatriarchal Church of St. GeorgeIstanbul SapphireSadberk Hanim Museum (Sadberk Hanım Müzesi)Anzac Cove (Anzak Koyu)Gallipoli Peninsula (Gelibolu Yarimadasi)Aga Turkish Bath (Aga Hamami)Eyup Sultan MosqueGreen Mosque (Yeşil Cami)Galatasaray High School (Galatasaray Lisesi)Koza HanMaiden’s Tower (Kiz Kulesi)