- Full-day tour of spectacular Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary, with round-trip flights from Istanbul
- Fly to Izmir and travel to Ephesus, the eastern Mediterranean’s best-preserved ancient city
- See the staggering Great Theatre, Library of Celsus and shops, baths and temples
- Explore the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where she may have spent her final days
- Enjoy an included Turkish lunch at a local restaurant
- Small-group tour with numbers limited to just 14 people
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Aboard your air-conditioned coach voyage about one hour to Ephesus. Along the way break at the elegant church - St John’s Basilica. Walk his tomb and learn how he spent time atop Ayasuluk hill writing music.
Arrive in Ephesus, known as the finest preserved ancient city in the eastern Mediterranean. See an abundance of shops, temples, and lively streets as you stroll with your guide. Imagine how this early Christian Roman-Greco port once operated as you hear its in-depth history.
Stop at the Temple of Artemis and study the massive ruins of this Ancient Wonder of the world. Wind along streets through the heart of Ephesus to uncover the Great Theatre, which once held 25,000 visitors. Then, capture views of the ornate architecture of the Library of Celsus. During your exploration, observe fascinating history carved into the sidewalks like brothel signs and old chariot wheel tracks.
Take a break for lunch at a nearby place before continuing to the House of Virgin Mary. Hear the stories that indicate this was the last resting place of the Virgin Mary and why she decided to reside here in her final days. Then, delve into the small stone house and marvel at the old foundation speculated to be as old as the 1st century AD.
Afterwards, head back to Izmir airport for your return voyage to Istanbul. After being collected from the airport, cruise to your hotel where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
If you cancel at least 8 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 7 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group: Ephesus and The House of Virgin Mary Day Trip from Istanbul.