Are you interested in?
1199 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
2031 Tours & Activities
Great Palace Mosaic Museum Tours
4 Tours & Activities
3 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Go underground and explore Istanbul’s Byzantine past on this tour. Join your guide and make your way to Constantine's Palace, Byzantine chapels, hidden ancient cisterns, and more. Learn about the Byzantine history of the city from your guide and understand why so many of the remains of it are underground.
- Explore ancient cisterns
- Learn about Byzantine history from your guide
- Visit Constantine’s Palace
- Admire the remains of Byzantine chapels
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointAlemdar, Divan Yolu Cd. No:15, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Experta Tours and Events
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Ancient Rome Under Istanbul?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Ancient Rome Under Istanbul?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Ancient Rome Under Istanbul?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Ancient Rome Under Istanbul?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all 7
See all 7
Product code: 14860P8
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingIstanbulWalking Tours - VarnaWalking Tours - IzmirWalking Tours - PamukkaleCategory
Maiden’s Tower (Kiz Kulesi)Isfanbul (Vialand)Emirgan Park (Emirgan Korusu)Golden Horn (Haliç)Haydarpasa Railway Station (Haydarpasa Gari)Miniaturk (Miniatürk)Istanbul Cruise PortSultanahmet DistrictPanorama 1453 History MuseumBursa Grand Mosque (Ulu Cami)Column of Constantine (Çemberlitaş Sütunu)Küçüksu Palace (Küçüksu Kasri)Aga Turkish Bath (Aga Hamami)Istinye ParkBosphorusRumeli Fortress (Rumeli Hisari)Galata Mevlevi Museum (Galata Mevlevihanesi Müzesi)Gallipoli Peninsula (Gelibolu Yarimadasi)Tombs of Osman and Orhan (Osman Gazi Türbesi)Church of Saints Sergius and Bacchus (Kücük Ayasofya Camii)