Are you interested in?
- 5-day tour of Turkey’s Aegean region from Istanbul
- Experience the highlights of several ancient Greek cities and enjoy enlightening commentary from your local guide
- Tour battlefields on the Gallipoli Peninsula and visit the ancient city of Troy, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit well-preserved ancient ruins in Pergamum and Ephesus
- Admire white limestone terraces in Pamukkale and soak in the hot springs of Hierapolis
- Four nights of accommodation, daily meals and transport by air-conditioned coach included
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointSultan Hostel & Guesthouse, Cankurtaran, Akbıyık Cd. No: 17, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Traveler pickup is offered
Customers may be picked up from their hotel where it is located in, or near Sultanahmet (the old city) or in the Taksim area. Pick up, on Day 1, is between 07:30 am and 08:00 am depending on where their hotel is located.
Customers can also meet at the Sultan Hostel at 8 am.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Day 1: Istanbul -- Gallipoli -- Çanakkale (D)Meet your guide and settle into your comfortable transportation, as you depart from Istanbul and head toward Gallipoli. Here, follow your guide to the battlefields where they will explain the relevant war history of this compelling region. Stop by Anzac Cove, the Nek, as well as Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials. Walk the lengths of the World War I era tunnels and trenches in this historic region.
At the end of the day, you will be transported to your hotel in the postcard seaside town, Çanakkale.
Overnight: 4-star Iris hotel or similar in Çanakkale
Day 2: Çanakkale – Troy -- Pergamum -- Kusadasi (B, D)Savor breakfast at your hotel in the morning, then freshen up for another full day of sightseeing. Turn back the hands of time when you arrive in Troy. This UNESCO World Heritage Site contains fascinating Greek and Turkish history that your guide will gladly explain to you.
Next, venture to the ancient Greek city of Pergamum. Marvel at this ancient Greek citadel, as you’ll have time to explore the grounds. Peruse the temples, library, ruins and old political and cultural centers.
Before sunset, check in to your comfortable Kusadasi hotel.
Overnight: 4-star Marina Hotel or similar in Kusadasi
Day 3: Kusadasi -- Ephesus -- Kusadasi (B, D)Once you’ve enjoyed your hotel breakfast, venture to Ephesus for an immersive day trip to this interesting ancient city. Learn about the Romans who once ruled this region, and walk among Roman thought-provoking ruins. Admire one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Temple of Artemis.
Refuel with lunch, then take your time learning about the art of Turkish carpets, one of the country’s most prided crafts, at a nearby village. Then, enjoy the ride back to your Kusadasi hotel in time for dinner.
Overnight: 4-star Marina Hotel or similar in Kusadasi
Day 4: Kusadasi – Pamukkale – Hierapolis -- Pamukkale (B, D)After breakfast, journey to Pamukkale to where you will see the famous travertines: terraced limestone pooled with water.
Embark on a sightseeing tour of Hierapolis, an ancient city. Here you can see the Necropolis, which has been well preserved over the centuries, as well as the Basilica of St Philippe and a Greek-Roman theater.
Bring your swim suit for a dip in the hot springs, if you wish. Back in the Roman times, they were utilized for therapy. Journey back to Pamukkale and settle into your hotel. Enjoy dinner in the evening.
Overnight: 5-star Colossae hotel or similar in Pamukkale
Day 5: Pamukkale -- IstanbulOn the final day of your tour, voyage back to Istanbul. On your way, stop at Bursa to visit the famous Green Mosque and peruse a renowned silk bazaar. Upon arriving in Istanbul, you will be transferred to your hotel where your tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fez Travel
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 5-Day Aegean Tour from Istanbul: Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamum, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Pamukkale and Hierapolis.
- "For insights into the complex history which makes up this part of the world, treat yourself to this memorable experience." See review