Are you interested in?
- Tour the WWI battlefields at Gallipoli and the ancient city of Troy with a knowledgeable local guide
- Visit touching memorials including Lone Pine, Chunuk Bair, Anzac Cove and Brighton Beach
- Explore the archeological site at Troy, learn about the Trojan War and see the famous wooden Trojan Horse
- Enjoy overnight accommodation in a centrally located 3-star Çanakkale hotel
Departure & Return
Departure PointSultan Hostel & Guesthouse, Cankurtaran, Akbıyık Cd. No: 17, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Traveler pickup is offered
We can also pick you up from your hotel if located in Sultanahmet (old city area) or Taksim.
Pick up is between 6:15 am and 6:45 am depending on where your hotel is located.
Please advise us of your hotel details if you wish to be picked up.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After about a four hour journey, arrive in Gallipoli and learn about the long and dreadful WWI campaign fought here between the Ottoman Turks and Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC). ANZAC, who was a member of the Allies, followed orders to sack Constantinople, but were met by a surprisingly determined Ottoman Turk army who battled them to a standstill. Hear about the thousands who fell in Gallipoli during nearly eight months of fighting as you walk with your guide through this historic site.
Begin your walking tour exploring the most interesting battlefields and observing quaint memorials which are visited by many foreigners every year. See the most poignant Australian memorial site - Lone Pine. Then stroll to the trenches of the Nek while learning about the soldiers who attacked from the nearby forest.
Next, head to Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial and discover a rare battleground where Allied troops were triumphant, but only for a short period. Continue to ANZAC Cove, where most battles were fought, and pay your heartfelt respects to the troops who died here. Then, stroll through Ari Burnu Cemetery and see where 200 servicemen lay forever. Observe more memorials at Beach Cemetery, Brighton Beach, and the somber trenches at Johnson’s Jolly.
Stop for lunch about midway through your tour and enjoy plenty of opportunities for leisure time to continue sightseeing on your own. Then, meet your guide at a predetermined time and drive to your accommodation in central Çanakkale where you will have more free time.
Lodging: 3-star Büyük Truva Hotel or Grand Anzac Hotel in central Çanakkale
Day 2: Çanakkale – Troy – Istanbul (B, L)After breakfast depart from your hotel with your guide and head to Nusrat minelayer and Cimenlik Castle. Start the day with a walking tour and learn how Troy evolved from a series of small villages and became a Bronze Age dwelling only to fall as a Byzantine town. With your guide, hear about the ancient history of Troy and the Greek mythology of the Trojan War, a 10-year war started by the Trojan prince (Paris) who took off with Zeus’ daughter (Helen). Admire these historical ruins and then see the timber built Trojan Horse, the town’s icon. Afterward, spend some free time snapping photos and walking around.
Next, head to lunch at a restaurant nearby, before continuing through one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world, the 4,000 year old ancient city of Troy. Learn how Troy is thought to be the first place where people connected from the Mediterranean region and Anatolia (ancient Asia). Finally, hop back on your coach and return to your Istanbul lodging where your tour ends in the late evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Fez Travel
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by 2-Day Troy and Gallipoli Tour from Istanbul.