- Full-day kayaking and hiking tour of Iriomote Island
- Paddle along the Nishida River and weave through the mangrove forest
- Hike through the jungle to Sangara Falls, an eye-catching island cascade
- Make the most of free time to swim, paddle and eat a bento box at the falls
- Enjoy a hassle-free day with prearranged ferry and bus transport from Ishigaki Island
- Small-group tour limited to a maximum of 10 people ensures personalized attention
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meeting time: 8:00AM Meeting point: Hirata Tourism 平田観光 within Ishigaki Ferry Terminal IMPORTANT: Our tours start from Ishigaki Island, not Okinawa main land. It takes one hour by air from Naha airport OKA to Ishigaki airport ISG.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Please bring a bathing suit, sunscreen, a towel and a change of clothes, as you will be able to take a shower afterwards
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- You will be asked to wear a life jacket while kayaking for safety purposes
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Tour may be cancelled due to poor weather condition (Local operator will notify you one hour prior to departure time)
- The local operator reserves the right to refuse participation in a tour if they judge the person not fit
- Please be at the meeting point at least 20 min prior to departure time to check in and receive a tour ticket at the tour office located in the Ishigaki ferry terminal
- Please note: tours begin in Ishigaki and not Okinawa main island
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You will trek up and down on unpaved mountain roads.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hirata Tourism
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Iriomote Kayaking and Trekking Day Tour to Sangara Falls from Ishigaki.