- Embed with the Matses indigenous tribe near the Peru-Brazil border during this 15-day, 14-night expedition
- Experience the customs and daily life of a remote Amazon tribe located in an area few tourists ever see
- Participate in activities like hunting, navigation and harvesting of local jungle crops
- Enjoy unique tribal activities like piranha fishing and the tobacco sniffing ‘Nënë’ ceremony
- Search for exotic jungle wildlife like alligators, snakes, tarantulas and primates
- Once-in-a-Lifetime experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Travelers must inform us arrival information and hotel name and address at least 72 hours before arrival in Iquitos, Peru.
- Coronel FAP Francisco Secada Vignetta International Airport, Distrito de Iquitos a 6.0 Km. de la ciudad, Región de Loreto, Provincia de Maynas 16008, Peru
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Because there a high risk that those flights are postponed (Iquitos-Angamos), we suggest that your flight out from Iquitos has extra days or flexible dates, to recover days lost waiting for the flight to Angamos. Also, this is recommended in order to avoid losing your flight out.
- For camping, in order to sleep we use rectangular mosquito nets, sheets and sponge sleeping pad
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Important: Air transport used for this expedition is subject to pre-established dates by the local airline. However, according to weather conditions, flights may be delayed. The route is from Iquitos to Angamos
- In the case your Iquitos-Angamos flight is postponed, we will not pay expenses of your stay in Iquitos (accommodation, food, etc.)
- Information required for each traveler: Names, passport or ID number, nationality, date of birth, shoe size, physical condition and weight, detailed food requirements (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.), allergies or medical conditions, Flight's information (airline, flight number and arrival/departure hours), name of your hotel in Iquitos (All our travelers have a discount at Emperador Terraza, a small and affordable hotel in Iquitos)
- It is recommended that travelers have their own insurance
- It is suggested to arrive in Iquitos a day before to avoid issues caused by flight delays. Flight out must be taken a day or, much better, days after the program
- The return trip requires hiking in the jungle for 3 days (50 km or 32 miles)
- This program is for adventurers. We spend the night in a villager's traditional house and camp. We do not offer eco-lodges
- We provide financial support for the villages and Matses people
- We reserve the right to change the activities listed in the itinerary, in case they cannot be performed due to weather conditions or due to water levels of rivers in different seasons
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amazon Explorer S.R.L
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by 15-Day Expedition to the Matses Indigenous Territory.