Explore our promoted experiences
- Half-day canyoning trip to Grimsel from Interlaken
- Travel through the rolling valleys of the Bernese Alps
- Test your nerve on the 165-foot abseiling route down into the canyon
- Jump off high rock ledges into swirling plunge pools
- Fly down a zipline into the crystal-clear waters below
- Float along calm streams and slide down natural water chutes
- Small-group tour limited to 13 people ensures personal attention from a professional guide
Departure & Return
What To Expect
The 1-hour scenic drive out to the canyon follows the impressive peaks of the Bernese Alps through Grimsel Pass. Listen as your guide gives a run-down of your day’s activities. On arrival, snap on your helmet, harness and life jacket, followed by a safety briefing.
Then put your skills to the test as you go abseiling (rappelling) down a 165-foot (50-meter) cliff face into the canyon and plunge into the water. Your wet and wild journey includes roughly 2.5 hours of fun — leaping off rocky ledges from up to 26 feet (8 meters) above and sliding down natural chutes into swirling plunge pools.
Your guide will show the way and ensure your safety, and even take you along easier routes if you're not feeling quite so adventurous. Zoom down a high zipline into crystal-clear waters below and float effortlessly downstream.
Replenish with a light lunch of bread, cheese, cucumber and tomatoes and a refreshing drink of beer or water. Afterward, hop back aboard your vehicle for the return to the base, where you can enjoy a shower and purchase a copy of your filmed trip through the canyons.
Afterward, you’re dropped off at your Interlaken-area hotel or train station, where your morning or afternoon canyoning tour concludes.
Please note: There is no exit for people who want to stop during the trip once inside the canyon.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Maximum weight is 275lbs (125kg) per person
- A moderate level of fitness is required
- The ability to swim is recommended but not required
- Please bring a swimsuit, towel and a small day bag
- Changing rooms and hot showers are available to use once you return to Interlaken after your canyoning experience
- A video of your experience can be purchased after the trip for CHF 48
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Outdoor Interlaken
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms