- 3-hour sandboarding experience in Ica
- Take a sandboarding lesson at the Huacachina oasis
- Ride a buggy from Huacachina oasis up to one of the desert area’s highest dunes
- Practice your sandboarding skills, and pose for pictures
- Choose between a morning or afternoon departure time
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The first hour of this tour takes place at the school. Test equipment to find the right stuff for you, and listen to a short introduction from the school’s staff. Afterward, your instructor takes you out to the small dunes in the area for a lesson. Here you can also get a feel for how different the sand feels from snow.
Once everyone feels up to it, take a buggy to some of the biggest dunes in the desert. Your instructor lets you ride down the dunes on your board. More experienced boarders can even try to catch some air. Pictures and videos are taken while you’re practicing your skills.
Go back to the school, turn in your equipment, and watch some of the videos of other boarders before heading back home or to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- OPERATED BY SandSnow School
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- "Sand Snow School aka Sandingboarding Peru provide you the equipment and instruction to help you get the full experience." See review