- Observe crocodiles in their natural habitat on a boat ride through the mangroves of Ventanilla
- Visit the National Mexican Turtle Center on the quiet beach of Mazunte
- Discover the laid-back vibe of Zipolite, known as a hippie village
- Learn about the area’s natural history from an experienced local guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in the Downtown area
Reconfirm your pick up time 24 hrs in advance the starting time.
What To Expect
Cruise through the mystical mangroves, awakening your senses to the distinct calls of kingfishers, herons and woodpeckers. Scan the verdant scenery for deer, turtles and iguanas, carefully discerning crocodiles lurking in their natural habitat.
Exit the atmospheric mangroves and return to your mini-van to continue the journey to Mazunte, a picturesque village on the Pacific Coast. Here, the National Mexican Turtle Center harbors seven of the nine turtle species that inhabit Oaxacan waters. Explore the exhibits, admiring the incredible creatures as you learn about scientific research, impending endangerment and conservation efforts.
Visit a local workshop and learn the processes behind natural cosmetics before continuing onto Zipolite, a vibrant and vivacious town that attracts surfers and hippies due to it stunning coastline and tranquil ambience.
Refuel by purchasing lunch in an authentic Mexican restaurant, savouring the rich flavours of refried beans, tangy salsa and chargrilled meat washed down with a shot of mescal (own expense). Return to the minivan and refresh with complimentary soft drinks and water before your guide returns you to your Huatulco hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Mexico
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Turtle and Crocodile Eco Tour from Huatulco with Mangrove Boat Ride.