- See a UNESCO World Heritage Site—Itsukushima Shrine
- Rare opportunity to learn about the process of oyster harvesting
- Flexible experience—choose to stop and eat oysters if you wish
- See how oysters are shucked at Shimada Suisan’s oyster factory
Departure & Return
・Take the JR Sanyo line train (about 25min) from Hiroshima station to Miyajimaguchi station. ・Get off at JR Miyajimaguchi Station or Hiroshima Dentetsu Miyajimaguchi Station, and walk along Japan National Route 2 towards Yamaguchi for about 10 minutes.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Participation requirements：Please note that preschoolers cannot join this tour.
- The landing pier and the deck of the boat are very slippery, so make sure you wear clothes and shoes easy to move around in.
- The boat used for this tour does not have a cabin and a roof, so please dress warmly.
- Near public transportation
- The boat does not have a restroom, so please make sure you relieve yourself before boarding the boat.
- Please arrive at Shimada Suisan 10 minutes before the boat leaves. We apologize in advance that if you arrive late for the departure time, we are supposed to deal with your reservation as a cancellation on the day the tour.
- Please note in advance that the tour might be canceled because of the weather or other circumstances.
- Most travelers can participate
- The tour runs from around October to the end of April each year.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Attractive JAPAN
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms