Sandankyo Valley Guided Day Tour from Hiroshima
- Enjoy a private trip to the scenic Sandankyo Valley
- Experience the beautiful waterfalls, rocks, and greenery of this 8-mile (13-kilometer) valley
- Take an included ferry boat ride and stroll along the valley promenade
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private group trip for between 1 and 6 guests
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Hiroshima city, or Hiroshima Station.
What To Expect
You’ll spend the rest of the day discovering the natural delights of this postcard-perfect valley shaped by the Shibaki River. Start the visit with an included ferry boat ride that crosses the river near Kurofuchi Pool. Take a stroll along the park’s promenade as you enjoy the serene environment composed of ancient water-worn rocks and diverse plant life. Depending on the time of year, you may also enjoy a brilliant display of fall foliage, soft-pink cherry blossoms in the spring, lush greenery in the summer, or the crisp atmosphere of winter.
After finishing your nature walk, you’ll have time to stop by a restaurant for lunch (own expense), or soothe your muscles at a local “onsen” (hot spring) for an additional fee. You might even pick up a trip souvenir at one of the local shops. At the end of your visit, climb back aboard the bus for the trip back to Hiroshima, after which you’ll be dropped back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is six years
- A maximum of six people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Beauty of Japan
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Sandankyo Valley Guided Day Tour from Hiroshima.