5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Mount Misen, the tallest mountain on Miyajima, offers sweeping views of the Seto Inland Sea and as far as Hiroshima. Climb to the peak in confidence in the company of a guide who knows the trails well. As you slowly climb along the forested trail, admire the flora and trail-side stones, which include one with a carved Jizo, guardian deity of children. Near the summit, see the Holy Fire Hall, which has been burning day and night for 1,200 years. After time at the summit, take the easy route down via the ropeway
- Climb in the company of a local mountain guide
- Get insights into the sights you see en route from your guide
- Admire Buddhist structures, and the eternal flame, near the summit
- Climb at a slow, easy pace: Plenty of time to relax and enjoy the views
Saved to wishlist!
Mountain guide fee
Miyajima Ropeway one-way ticket (1,000 yen/person) when you climb down the mountain
Transportation to/from attraction, ferry boat fare
Departure & Return
Departure PointMiyajimacho, Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered
※We will pick up customers staying in a hotel in Miyajima.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age limits :12～65 years of age * No age limitation for those who take exercise on a daily basis or who are healthy and physically strong
- Long pants are preferable. (Jeans are not recommended), Easy-to-walk shoes for the mountain (such as trekking shoes)
- Contact us for more details as the best outfit differs in season and weather.
- What to bring: Lunch, drink (500ml bottle), rain gears, sweets (such as candies and chocolate)
- We will prepare rain coat for you.
- Please refrain from smoking while climbing the mountain.
- Please do not join the tour if you are pregnant.
- For the safety of the participant, please notify in advance if you or anyone in your group have any chronic disease or have had a major operation.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Attractive JAPAN
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Hiroshima Miyajima Climbing Mountain-Misen with a Local Guide?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Hiroshima Miyajima Climbing Mountain-Misen with a Local Guide?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Hiroshima Miyajima Climbing Mountain-Misen with a Local Guide?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Hiroshima Miyajima Climbing Mountain-Misen with a Local Guide?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 51978P59