6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Teaching yourself Cretan cooking would usually mean working from a recipe book. This village culinary experience from Rethymno and Heraklion lets you learn hands-on from a local cook, so you pick up authentic techniques from a master. As you prep and savor dishes such as ‘stifado’ stew, you’ll also experience a Cretan village house and rural life, and hear stories from the cook—all difficult to arrange independently.
- Discover Cretan village cooking on a tour from Rethymno and Heraklion
- Learn and prep dishes direct from a home cook: hard to organize on your own
- Savor your creations and hear gems on local life and food you’d miss alone
- Includes lunch and return travel, with transfers from other locations for extra cost
Saved to wishlist!
Fried Cheese Pies
Stuffed tomatoes, zucchini, peppers
Lamb with Stamnagathi
Spoon sweet with yogurt
Cretan Spiti" exclusive cooking class.
Lunch - wine, drinks, soft drinks are free.
Local treats during, Free small bag with local products at the end.
Personal protective equipment for kitchen.
Commemorative photo shots.
Anything that is not specified in the program as included.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Rethymno & Heraklion are free-of-charge. All other locations are upon request and will have an extra cost (payable to the driver)
Dates: Daily, all year round (10:00-16:00)
The departure times depend on the pick-up location. Travellers will be informed about the exact pick-up time upon confirmation.
Chania (08:30-17:30) / 25 euro per person
Georgioupoli (09:10-16:50) / 20 euro per person
Bali (09:15-16:45) / 20 euro per person
Fodele (09:00-17:00) / 25 euro per person
Agia Pelagia (08:45-17:15) / 25 euro per person
Gouves (08:15-17:45) / 25 euro per person
Hersonisos (08:00-18:00) / 30 euro per person
Stalida (08:00-18:00) / 30 euro per person
Malia (07:45-18:15) / 30 euro per person
Agios Nikolaos (07:30-18:30) / 30 euro per person
Elounda (07:15-18:45) / 30 euro per person
All other locations are upon request.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers are kindly informed that there may be an extra fee for transportation, according to the pick-up place.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Our company is not responsible for the client’s failure to appear at the meeting point for the booked tour or activity.
- Last minute cancellation of flights or inability to disembark from a cruise ship, is not our company’s responsibility, therefore any refund requests due to such incidents will not be accepted. Should the client be aware of such a change, he/she is requested to communicate with our company more than 24 hours before the tour or activity starts, in order to discuss possible date or time amendment (subject to availability)
- Refund requests for last minute cancellations (up to 24 hours before the tour or activity), for any reason, will not be accepted.
- All clients are kindly requested to send their preferred meeting point and location until 3:00pm of the previous date, regarding their pick-up for the booked tour or activity. Should they fail to do so, our company will do anything it can in order to locate them (telephone, email, etc), however it is not responsible for any failure to meet them. Meeting points could be, anywhere on the island and the information necessary is either the hotel name or the name of the cruise ship they are arriving with. In the occasion that they are staying at an apartment, clients are requested to send us a google map, a nearby hotel or any information that would help us locate them. Any delay of behalf of the client (up until 15 minutes that we will be waiting for them) affects the transfer schedule and disrupts the smooth conduct of the tour/activity.
- For no-name accommodations, our company will set the most convenient location for the pick-up.
- For accommodations that are located in a pedestrian zone, our company will set the best possible pick-up point.
- Our company is not responsible for knowing whether the client is supposed to book transfer or not. The transfer schedule is prepare less than 24 hours before the operation, therefore we cannot predict such necessity.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY YourTransfer.gr
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Traditional Cooking Class at Vatos Village Crete?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Traditional Cooking Class at Vatos Village Crete?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Traditional Cooking Class at Vatos Village Crete?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Traditional Cooking Class at Vatos Village Crete?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Traditional Cooking Class at Vatos Village Crete
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesCooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUnique ExperiencesHeraklionUnique Experiences - CreteCooking Classes - CreteCategory