4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Immerse yourself in Crete’s delectable, rustic cuisine—and leave the bustle of the city behind—when you sign up for this private, hands-on cooking class. Pick a time that works best for you, and meet your driver directly at your Heraklion hotel which then takes you to the village where you meet your guide. It’s a quick drive into the hills, where you’ll cook amidst the Mediterranean scenery. With your guide’s instruction, learn to prepare a number of traditional dishes, from dolmadakia (stuffed grape leaves) to lamb with artichokes. Then, sit down to enjoy your multi-course meal, complete with wine.
- Learn about Crete’s culinary history with this immersive cooking class
- A private class guarantees one-on-one instruction and guidance
- Prepare a number of traditional dishes in a beautiful, peaceful setting
- Enjoy a multi-course, homemade meal at the end of class, plus wine
Saved to wishlist!
A yogurt, garlic and cucumber dip seasoned with herbs and vinegar
Cretan rusks topped with tomato sauce and feta cheese
Vine leaves stuffed with rice and herbs mixture
Stuffed, oven-baked vegetables
Pork with Wine sauce or Lamb with green beans
Traditional Cretan dishes that include meat, vegetables, and a delicious, thick sauce
A traditional phyllo pastry pie with local cheese and honey, an unconventional, yet traditional, dessert of the region.
Hotel pick-up and drop-off if the hotel is located in downtown Heraklion
Transport with modern vehicles
Private hands-on cooking class
Lunch with house wine or other beverages
Services of an excellent english-speaking chef
All taxes and VAT
Any additional orders or purchases
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is located in Heraklion, pick up and drop off are complimentary. There will be an extra charge for hotels/apartments located outside Heraklion.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Greeking.me
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Heraklion Private Cretan Cooking Class at a Traditional Village?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Heraklion Private Cretan Cooking Class at a Traditional Village?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Product code: 26368P60
Compare Similar Experiences
Heraklion Private Cretan Cooking Class at a Traditional Village
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesCooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUnique ExperiencesHeraklionUnique Experiences - CreteCooking Classes - CreteCategory