Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 8-hour private tour of Haridwar's highlights
- Travel in a private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Visit the landmarks of the holy city, including the Bara Bazaar, Daksha Mahadev Temple, Jain Temple, and Shantikunj Ashram
- Ride the cable car to Mansa Devi temple
- After dark, witness a Hindu ceremony on the banks of the Ganges River
- Make a flower offering to the river and experience puja with a Hindu priest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Haridwar
- Private tour ensures a flexible itinerary and personalized attention
Departure & Return
Departure PointYou centrally located hotel in Haridwar
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Hop a cable car to the hilltop location of the Mansa Devi Temple, dedicated to the Hindu goddess Mansa Devi, who is thought to grant wishes. Tie a string to the branches of a temple tree if you'd like your wish to be granted.
The rest of your tour can be tailored to your interests, and your guide can suggest destinations. Tours in Haridwar typically visit the Shantikunj Ashram, the Jain Temple, and the Daksha Mahadev Temple.
Once evening falls, you'll head for Har Ki Pauri to participate in a Ganga Aarti ceremony. During this ceremony, a Hindu priest offers prayers (aarti) to the Ganga River, believed to be the Divine Mother. During the 45-minute ritual, conducted at sunset, you'll make offerings of flowers and partake in puja with a Hindu priest. Watch locals light large fire bowls on the riverbanks and listen to Sanskrit mantras.
After the ceremony, you'll be dropped back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY India Easy Trip Pvt Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Haridwar Sightseeing Day Tour and Ganges River Puja Ceremony.