- Half-day countryside bike tour from Hanoi
- Cross the Red River via the century-old Long Bien Bridge
- Drop in to a local artist’s home to admire Vietnamese fine arts
- Explore the densely cultivated farmland of Red River Island
- Visit a pottery-making village and see how ceramics are made
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea at West Lake during sunset
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people for personalized attention
Departure & Return
Meet at the bike shop with the Urban Adventure band name at 23 Nguyen Khac Nhu, Ba Dinh Dist, Hanoi
What To Expect
Get a glimpse of rural life and local villagers as you pedal along the banks of the Red River en route to the estate of a renowned artist. Here, stop to admire the installations as you learn about contemporary trends in the country’s fine art. Then continue alongside the banana plantations and vegetable farms of Red River Island, stopping for photo ops and tastings along the way.
On arrival in Quang Ba, your guide points out stacks of pottery awaiting bicycle transport into Hanoi. Cycle past floating houses and flower fields en route to West Lake, the city’s biggest lake, located in the center of Hanoi. Enjoy the colors of sunset while sipping a complimentary cup of coffee or green tea before you return by bike to the starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people per tour
- Light and comfortable clothing is recommended with shoes appropriate for a 3.5 hours bike ride. Sunscreen and sunglasses are also recommended.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour includes a 20-kilometre bike ride on flat roads to the outskirts outside Hanoi. While the ride is not overly strenuous, it will require a basic level of physical fitness and you should be comfortable with riding a bicycle.
- We highly recommend you to bring a reusable water bottle as we are on the way to reduce single-use plastic bottles. There will be two stops along the way where you can re-fill your bottle.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Indochina
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms