1 day (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Giant Kite Festival of Sumpango is performed every year in November 1, in celebration of the Day of the Dead or All Saints. Spend the day experiencing this incredible tradition, that includes multicolored kites and plenty of family fun, like a local. You'll learn the historic roots of this celebration that honors deceased relatives. Your friendly guide will shares stories about folklore that says evil spirits roam through cemeteries and wake the dead. If you're lucky enough to be visiting during this unique festival it is not to be missed!
- Day of The Dead Kite Festival
- Travel with your guide from Guatemala City or Antigua
- Learn about this ancient tradition that honors the dead
- See colorful kites fly through the sky
- Experience this once-in-a-lifetime event
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up time will be within the 15 minutes of the established departure time. Please wait at the lobby of your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Day of The Dead: Kite Festival from Guatemala City or Antigua?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Day of The Dead: Kite Festival from Guatemala City or Antigua?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Day of The Dead: Kite Festival from Guatemala City or Antigua?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Day of The Dead: Kite Festival from Guatemala City or Antigua?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Day of The Dead: Kite Festival from Guatemala City or Antigua
5 hours 40 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursOvernight ToursDay of the DeadFull-day ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursHoliday & Seasonal ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesGuatemala CityUnique Experiences - Central HighlandsBus Tours - Central HighlandsOvernight Tours - Central HighlandsDay of the Dead - Central HighlandsFull-day Tours - Central HighlandsUnique Experiences - AntiguaBus Tours - AntiguaOvernight Tours - AntiguaDay of the Dead - AntiguaFull-day Tours - AntiguaUnique Experiences - PanajachelBus Tours - PanajachelOvernight Tours - PanajachelDay of the Dead - PanajachelFull-day Tours - PanajachelCategory