- Grand Canyon Jeep tour from the South Rim along famous East Rim Drive
- Take a scenic drive through Grand Canyon National Park and stop at lookout points to soak up the views
- Choose from three options including a day tour, sunset tour, or extended sunset tour
- Watch a gorgeous sunset illuminate the canyon
- Learn about the area’s history, geology, and flora and fauna from your guide
- Discover the wonders of the Grand Canyon during a fascinating IMAX movie
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
in the town of Tusayan, AZ. Travel to Grand Canyon National Park and stop at the National Geographic Visitor Center’s IMAX Theater to watch the film entitled, “Grand Canyon: the Movie,” an entertainment experience unlike any other. Being here, inside the movie, is as good as being there, in the Grand Canyon, on a screen that’s over six stories tall with 12,000 watts of earth-shaking, digital surround sound power.
The featured film is a journey over, around, and through the Grand Canyon. Explore all 277 miles with the mysterious Anasazi tribe, ancestors of the modern Pueblo Indians, who inhabited the canyon 4,000 years ago, and John Wesley Powell, famous for his exploration of the canyon and the raging Colorado River in 1869. Then fly like an eagle over the rim and swoop into the depths of the canyon, complete with a whitewater rafting trip down the raging Colorado River below.
Following the movie, choose from three different Jeep tours—a daytime adventure and two sunset options. The daytime tour runs provide plenty of scheduling flexibility while the sunset tours are a bit more limited on timings.
On the daytime tour, ride from the East Rim to the South Rim and soak up the scenery at various lookout points, including the Desert View Watchtower, a 70-foot-high stone building that serves as the highest point on the South Rim. On a clear day, see more than 100 miles into the distance. Along the way, learn about the history of the Grand Canyon and the geologic forces that helped to create it. Also, find out about the various people that inhabited and explored the canyon, as far back as 4,000 years ago.
On the sunset tour, enjoy the same style of travel and sightseeing as the daytime tour, with the added bonus of an incredible Grand Canyon sunset to top off the day. Choose from two departure times each highlighted by a breathtaking sunset—an exhilarating palette of colors exploding across the canyon's giant rock cliffs. Look on in amazement as the shadows cover the gorges and canyon walls in rich orange, rust, and red colors.
The tour ends with a return trip to the town of Tusayan for a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If the Day Tour is selected, please provided your preferred departure time in the Special Requirements field at check- out
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Pink Jeep Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Grand Canyon East Rim Drive by Jeep and IMAX Movie.
- "I would definitely recommend Sam and the Pink Jeep Tours for anyone seeing the canyon." See review