- 2-day tour exploring the wonders of Cappadocia
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage site of Goreme National Park
- Visit the beautiful Cave Mosque in Cavusin Village, an old Seljukian and Ottoman village
- See the beautiful underground city of Kaymakli, a historic haven for persecuted Christians
- Upgrade to take in panoramic views of the Cappadocia region from a hot air balloon
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Day 1: Kayseri - Cappadocia (D)In the morning, meet your guide at either the Kayseri airport or your Cappadocia hotel and then begin your 2-day Cappadocia trip aboard an air-conditioned coach. Start with a drive to Devrent Valley to see a geologic array of volcanic formations. Hear about how wind and air eroded these unique fairy chimneys over millennia. Continue to Pasabag (Monks Valley) to admire mushroom-like obelisks that look like something conjured up by Dr. Seuss.
Next, cruise to Avanos and learn about Turkey’s age-old craft of pottery-making. Enjoy a chance to put your hands to work as you mold your own creative pottery during a workshop. Before heading to the Open-Air Museum, break for lunch in Goreme. Then, duck in and out of the museum’s preserved Christian cave dwellings and discover chapels and churches covered in ancient frescoes.
Leave the museum and head to your overnight accommodation in a fairytale cave hotel (subject to availability). Savor a pleasant dinner and enjoy a relaxed evening under the stars.
Day 2: Cappadocia Sightseeing (B)If you select the hot-air balloon option, begin the morning with a sunrise flight over magical Cappadocia. Leave at 5am from your accommodation and head to a delightful buffet breakfast at the hot-air balloon office (included). Next, take a short drive to your hot-air balloon flight pad. Arrive and watch as a huge fire torch fills the balloon. Climb aboard your trusty wicker basket with your pilot and float into the dawn sky for a 1-hour flight. Enjoy spectacular views of green valleys and volcanic rocks molded by natural forces. Glimpse out over the sky and see the Cappadocia relief, a highland elevated to more than 3,281 feet (1,000 meters) above sea level. After landing safely, celebrate the morning with a complimentary glass of Champagne and a flight souvenir. Finally, cruise back to your hotel.
If you did not option for the balloon ride, rest up and enjoy breakfast before meeting with your group at 10 am for a trip to Rose Valley. Loosen your legs as you hike down to Rose Valley and traverse an area rich with ancient churches. Next, make your way to an old Seljukian and Ottoman village called Cavusin Village and discover the Cave Mosque. Then, head to Kaymakli Underground City where Christians took refuge from persecution. Finally, visit the friendly town of Ortahisar home to a huge monolithic castle. Walk the streets lined with stone homes and charming locals before you hop back on your coach for a voyage to the airport or your hotel where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Cave hotel accommodation is subject to availability. If cave hotel is unavailable, accommodation will be in a boutique hotel
- Please note: You must contact your local service provider 24 hours prior to the tour to reconfirm your departure point and time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by 2-Day Cappadocia Trip from Kayseri.
- "The company said was fully booked however there are 250 cave hotels with a minimum of 10 rooms each in Cappadocia, seems very unlikely 2500 rooms to be fully booked." See review