- Private tour of Goa's Portuguese sites with an expert private guide
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Basilica of Bom Jesus, dedicated to St. Francis Xavier
- Learn about the importance of Christian St. Catherine of Alexandria at the Se Cathedral
- Explore the narrow streets and colorful old villas of Panaji's Latin Quarter, Fontainhas
- Enjoy magnificent views of the Arabian Sea from the Dona Paula Jetty
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- Private guide ensures a more personalized and enlightening experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up and Drop off location for this tour
Panaji / Calangute / Candolim / Baga.
Supplement cost will be applicable for pickup beyond the above set pickup pointturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your guide at your Goa hotel and travel in private, air-conditioned comfort to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Basilica of Born Jesus. Walk across the marble floor that’s inlaid with precious stones and visit the remains of Catholic missionary St Francis Xavier. Learn about this man’s life from your guide, as well as from the detailed paintings that decorate the interior. Head upstairs to a gallery of surrealist paintings from Dom Martin, a Goan painter.
Travel by foot to Se Cathedral, known by locals as Se Cathedral of Santa Catarina. This gothic-style Portuguese architecture houses one of the largest bells in Goa and is dedicated to a saint who was martyred in the 4th century for her Christian devotion.
Afterwards, travel to the city of Panaji. Wander the Latin Quarter, known as Fontainhas and experience the sights, sounds, and flavors of Portuguese influence first hand as you explore the streets. Make a stop at St. Sebastian Chapel, where statues of historic figures like Abade Faria, a Roman Catholic monk, are displayed.
Next, travel in comfort to Dona Paula Jetty, a peaceful bay where epic views of Mormugao Harbor and the Arabian Sea make for the perfect photo op. Take in the natural wonder of the scene that’s unique to this out of the way treasure before heading to a tiny market on the waterway.
Finally, choose to stop at a local restaurant for a traditional Portuguese and Goan meal (own expense), before heading back to your hotel in the comfort of your private vehicle.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- No strict dress code is enforced to enter places of worship. However, please be advised to dress accordingly; short shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended
- Lunch costs including drinks usually range between USD $2 and USD $15
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GeTs Holidays
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Portuguese Heritage Tour: Se Cathedral, Basilica of Bom Jesus and Dona Paula Beach in Goa.
- "I booked the Tour under the impression that it is 6 hours but the tour ended in 2 ours and i just had the car and the guide sitting idle for the remaining 4 hours." See review