Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day shore excursion to Stirling Castle, Trossachs National Park and Loch Lomond
- Revel in the scenery of the beautiful Scottish countryside
- Explore the sights of Stirling Castle including James V’s Palace, one of Scotland’s finest examples of Renaissance architecture
- Snap photos of the historical Doune Castle and see Highland cattle in Kilmahog
- Enjoy free time to explore the quaint village of Aberfoyle in Trossachs National Park
- Get up close to the largest lake in Scotland, Loch Lomond
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Your first stop is Stirling Castle, a critical medieval stronghold and former residence of Scottish royals including Mary, Queen of Scots. With your free time here, stroll the grounds and snap photos, or purchase an optional interior tour and see some of the spectacular rooms including the Great Hall and James V’s Palace. Learn about the site’s colorful history riddled with battles such as the Battle of Stirling Bridge, led by the legendary William Wallace. Then continue to Doune Castle for another unique photo opportunity.
Afterwards, head into the wild country, coursing though rolling hills and green pastures to Kilmahog at the edge of Trossachs National Park. As your coach travels through the Highlands, admire the natural and cultural sights like ‘wee hairy coos’ (cattle) with long, thick coats set against a breathtaking backdrop.
Your expert guide will narrate the journey through Trossachs National Park, giving historical context to the present-day surroundings like the sweet village of Aberfoyle nestled in the forest. Explore the town and grab some lunch (own expense) before heading to Loch Lomond, the last stop on your trip. Stroll on the banks of this tranquil lake and buy yourself a nip of local whisky.
Your full-day trip concludes with return service to Greenock port, arriving by evening.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Greenock port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 4 years old.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark the bus.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- OPERATED BY Timberbush Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews