2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Do more than sample Sri Lankan curry in Galle’s restaurants: learn to make it on this private cookery demo and class. After visiting a farmer’s garden to pick vegetables, watch a curry-making demo, learn about using spices, and prep your own meat or seafood curry—your choice—with step-by-step guidance. Finally, enjoy your curry with rice, a dessert, and a drink. Return transfers from Galle or Unawatuna hotels are included.
- Learn Sri Lankan curry-making on a private class from Galle or Unawatuna
- Go beyond restaurant hopping with a cooking demo and step-by-step lesson
- Pick fresh vegetables, learn about spices, and prep and eat your own curry
- Drinks, dessert, and hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off are included
Saved to wishlist!
Herbal Welcome Drink
Sri Lankan Rice & Curry
Curd with Honey
Two vegetables from the garden & red lentil curry (Dhal)
A choice of meat curry & a choice of sea food curry
Dessert of the day
Pick your own vegetable from the garden
One bottle of beer, king coconut or soft drink per person
Welcome drink - Home made curry leaves cooler
Optional tours and excursions
Tips and other expenses of a personal nature
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in Galle, Hikkaduwa & Unawatuna, and Galle Port.
- Immigration office Galle Harbour, Closenberg Rd, Galle 80000, Sri Lanka
6/10/2019 - 8/9/2022
|Monday:||08:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||08:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Thursday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Friday:||08:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Saturday:||08:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Sunday:||08:30 AM - 06:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Sri Lanka Dream Tours (Pvt) Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Sri Lankan Rice and Curry Cookery Demonstration—Galle?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Sri Lankan Rice and Curry Cookery Demonstration—Galle?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Sri Lankan Rice and Curry Cookery Demonstration—Galle?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Sri Lankan Rice and Curry Cookery Demonstration—Galle?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesDining ExperiencesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeGalleCooking Classes - HikkaduwaDining Experiences - HikkaduwaCooking Classes - BentotaDining Experiences - BentotaCooking Classes - ColomboDining Experiences - ColomboCategory