Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Explore the Chianti countryside on horseback with your guide
- Discover ancient olive groves and vineyards in rural Tuscany
- Visit 2 local winery’s cellars with your guide and learn of the Chianti region’s winemaking traditions and processes
- Sit down to a delicious lunch or dinner of regional specialities
- Sample fine Chianti wines during a wine-tasting session
Departure & Return
Florencetown Booking Office Piazza Mentana 2 red (opposite from the Arno River)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Arrive at the stables after 45 minutes and get acquainted with your horse with a safety and orientation session. No previous riding experience is necessary for this tour, and riders of all skill levels are welcome.
Strap on your provided riding hat and head out into the open fields of the Chianti countryside with your guide. Take in the fresh air and stunning landscape as you travel through open fields and forested trails.
After an hour, return to the minivan to travel to 2 local wineries, where you’ll enjoy a tour of the cellars. Learn about Chianti region's unique winemaking tradition and the process of production.
Then head to a stunning Italian villa, wrapped in cypress and olive trees, where the cellars of 2 boutique wineries sit. Settle down for a traditional Tuscan lunch of specialties like salami, bruschetta, prosciutto and Pecorino cheese, complemented by fine Chianti wine. Hear about the characteristics of each blend while you sip, eat and relax.
Your wine tour and horseback riding experience will conclude with drop-off back in central Florence.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking.
- Children under 14 years will not be permitted
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Horses can bear up to 220 lbs (100 kg)
- Long-leave pants and sports shoes are required (no flip-flops please!)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- RAIN POLICY: The tour departure might be cancelled due to rain. We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience on the horse. In any case, clients should show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance. In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are: 1) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company. 2) 100% refund for tour cancellation. In case the tour departure is not cancelled but anyway there's a chance of rain during the day, we will do our best to proceed with the tour, doing all we can to provide the horseback riding, possibly carrying out the tour with our minivan if and when the rain falls. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan. Guest options in this case are: 1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if horses are not ridden due to rain, or if the horse riding tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a horse, weather permitting. 2) Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following days or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company. Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain". No-shows will not be refunded.
- Most travelers can participate
- IMPORTANT We inform all our guests that from August 06th 2021 every European Community citizens must show the Green Pass, as well as a document of recognition at the entrance of the main Italian monuments and museums as well as every indoor bar and restaurant For guests arriving from outside Europe it will be required: a document of recognition a proof of Covid vaccination, or the negative result of the Covid test 48 hrs prior the museum entrance. Those who do not possess the above mentioned documents will NOT be able to enter. No exceptions or refund will be made.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Florencetown
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Semi-Private Horses and Vineyards - Horseback Riding in Tuscany.
- "What a nice way to get out of tourist area and have a fun relaxing day- highly recommend!" See review