- Guided trip to Cinque Terre from Florence
- Spectacular coastal views along the Cinque Terre
- Soak up the old-world atmosphere as you explore Cinque Terre villages on foot
- Visit areas inaccessible by car with a guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Your guide will be holding a WALKABOUT sign, right by the taxi stand, just outside Santa Maria Novella train station
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After a short, two-hour drive, you'll begin your hike through the Cinque Terre on the hills above Manarola. With your guide to help lead you, you'll follow a scenic trail to Corniglia, which culminates in a steep climb of some 382 steps. Note: This charming region is natural and untouched, so there are no hand rails or safety rails, and paths often cut close to the cliff's edge. (if you choose the tour option without hiking, the train will be used instead to move between villages).
Once in Corniglia, you'll enjoy some free time where you can relax and refuel with these spectacular views, before continuing your journey with a hike to Vernazza, where you'll pass terraces of olive groves and colorful bars and cafes. Take a dip in the bay before heading to Monterosso by train, where you'll have free time to explore the beaches, wine shops and artisan goods famous to the village.
The final portion of your journey will include a boat ride (or train ride, depending on weather) to Riomaggiore, a village known for its candy-colored houses, as well as a final hike back to Manarola. Your day trip from Florence to the Cinque Terre ends with a coach ride back to the city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Suitable walking shoes are mandatory for those doing the hiking – no flip-flops. Suggestions: walking boots or sneakers, closed toe shoes with non-slip soles.
- If you want to swim during free time, please remember to bring your own towel and swimwear.
- On rare occasions the boat ride will stop operating due to bad weather or strong winds. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- In case of unexpected closure of the paths for unforeseen events, alternative routes will be taken instead for those doing the hiking
- A large amount of walking is involved for those doing the hiking. You must be of average fitness and be able to keep up with the rest of the group.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties, below average fitness, or young children.
- Minimum age is 8 years.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walkabout
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Cinque Terre Day Trip from Florence with Optional Hiking.