- Day trip from Dublin to Wicklow, the 'Garden of Ireland'
- Guided tour of the 6th-century monastic ruins at Glendalough
- Stunning scenery and wild landscapes of Wicklow
- Opportunity to shop for Irish crafts at Avoca Handweavers
- See where scenes from 'Braveheart' were filmed at Sally's Gap
- Visit a traditional Irish pub for lunch (own expense)
- Enjoy stunning sea views of Dublin Bay at Sandycove
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Your first stop brings you to Avoca Handweavers, Kilmacanogue. Enjoy a dose of traditional Irish culture, shop for fine handmade goods and have a rich cup of tea (own expense). Then re-board the coach and head into the Wicklow Mountains National Park and Sally Gap. View the park’s upper slopes, blanketed in heath and bog before stopping at Lough Tay ("The Guinness Lake") a true wonder and film location for 'Braveheart,' the tributary film about Scottish hero William Wallace and current series of Vikings.
Afterward, your group visits a traditional Irish pub for lunch (own expense). Relax, savor Irish home-cooking and sip on at a creamy Guinness before heading to your final stop on the tour the glacial valley of Glendalough.
Throughout history, visitors have come to ‘the valley of the two lakes’ for its mystical history, archaeology, and unique wildlife. The monastic city of Glendalough, founded in the 6th century by St. Kevin, was once an active locale featuring areas for manuscript writing and copying, an infirmary, guest houses, and a monastery. Now it offers guests a peek into Ireland’s rich cultural history. Enjoy a guided tour of the many sites including the Round Tower, and have some free time to explore on your own.
Board the luxury Mercedes Coach for a free tot of Jameson Whiskey and start back on the return trip to Dublin.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5 years (this tour is not suitable for infants)
- Minimum numbers apply in winter months. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- OPERATED BY Aran Tours (Wild Wicklow Tours)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough from Dublin.