- Full-day train and coach trip from Dublin to Cork, Blarney Castle and Cobh
- Travel through Ireland's scenic countryside
- Kiss the famous Blarney Stone
- Free time to shop and have lunch in Blarney village
Departure & Return
Railtours Ireland representatives will be waiting in the main concourse area with your travel pack. They will be wearing bright yellow jackets so that they are easily located. Check in is 20 minutes prior to the departure time listed.
What To Expect
Tour the grounds and look for marked attractions such as rock formations fancifully named ‘Witch’s Kitchen’ and a ‘Poison Garden,’ housing a collection of poisonous plants. Then explore the castle ruins and learn a bit about the site’s beguiling and chaptered history. Climb to the top to visit the ‘Stone of Eloquence,’ known by many as the Blarney Stone; if you — like many others — wish to acquire the gift of eloquence, take your turn giving the stone a kiss.
Next, take your newly refined speaking ability and head into the village of Blarney. Explore the colorful architecture, do a little shopping and enjoy lunch before heading back to Cork for a city tour.
Your historical excursion concludes with a visit to Cobh and the Queenstown Story Heritage Center. Explore the beautifully restored Victorian railway station that was the largest embarkation point for emigration in Irish history, and hear the harrowing and hopeful story of Annie, the first Irish emigrant to reach Ellis Island, as well as others like her. Then board the train for a relaxing return journey to Dublin, where your day trip ends at the station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessibility: As long as the passenger has some mobility then this tour would be suitable. Trains in Ireland are wheelchair friendly. However, buses/coaches are not. The guest would have to be able to climb the steps onto the bus. Mobility Scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour.
- This tour offers stops en route for photographs, shopping, etc.
- Due to operational reasons it may, on occasion, be necessary to alter certain itineraries.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Children U16 cannot book independently. They must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 53 travelers
- OPERATED BY Railtours Ireland First Class
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands