- Get an adrenaline rush while dune bashing in Lahbab desert for 30-40 minutes
- Enjoy camel rides, sandboarding, and photo ops from the highest desert dunes
- Treat your eyes with live entertainment showcasing Tanura & Belly Dance
- Savor delicious BBQ and local cuisine buffet (veg & non-veg)
- Choose from 4-hour or longer 7-hour all-inclusive tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pickup from any hotel in Dubai and Port Rashid (Cruise terminal). Pickup from Jebal Ali and Investment Park or other locations available on additional cost. Pick-up time will be within 45 minutes before the tour start-time.
- Port Rashid
What To Expect
Start your experience with pickup in a safari-style 4WD vehicle from your central Dubai hotel and zoom into the remote Lahbab desert that lies outside the city.
During the drive, your guide answers any questions and shares information about the region. Head off road into bright red dunes and have your camera ready to capture what looks like giant beanbags of sand. During a break to gather the convoy, make use of optional quad bikes on-site. Then hold tight as you cruise toward the highest slopes. Feel the adrenaline race as your 4x4 plows up the dunes before sliding and slipping back down the slopes, churning up billowing clouds of sand in the process.
Reach a high desert dune for a photo stop and admire 360-degree views of the desert landscape as the sun slowly sets (afternoon tour). Take a camel ride and surf the dunes on a sandboard before you continue on to a Bedouin-style camp hidden in the middle of the desert (if upgrade selected).
The 4-hour tour ends here and you are returned to your Dubai hotel.
For those who have chosen a 7-hour tour, proceed to a torchlit camp, settle inside a cushion-strewn tent, and savor some fresh Arabian coffee and dates. Your safari guide will brief you about the various activities available: smoke a shisha (water pipe), decorate your hands with henna designs, and take pictures in traditional Arabic clothes.
As dusk falls, dig into a scrumptious barbecue dinner of dishes such as kebabs, hummus, and salads accompanied by sodas and mineral water, and additional drinks (own expense) from the bar. While you eat, enjoy a colorful belly dancing show and tanoura performance, where fast-spinning dancers whirl across the stage. If you wish, click snaps with Arabian falcons at the camp.
Finally, return to Dubai by 4x4, where your experience concludes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All vehicles are fully insured and equipped with safety features, such as roll bars, seat belts, government tracker, GPS, GMS and a first aid box.
- The tour is not suitable for pregnant women and people with heart, neck, or back problem.
- The program is subject to change due to religious seasons or other circumstances, which may prevent certain activities from taking place.
- The camp features designated areas for Shisha smoking. Additional charge will apply if Shisha is required at the tables.
- Falcons may not be available at the camp during hotter months (mainly in July & August).
- Tour duration includes pickup and travel time.
- Children under 3 years of age are not allowed on the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- OPERATED BY Dream Journey Tourism
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Dubai Red Dune Desert Safari: Camel Ride, Sandboarding & BBQ Options.