- Dinner-in-the-desert experience with round-trip transport from Dubai
- Enjoy a camel ride to a Bedouin-style camp within a royal desert retreat
- Savor a delicious 4-course banquet followed by traditional music and dancing
- Watch falconry, bread- and coffee-making demonstrations, and get a henna tattoo
- Relax with a hotel pickup and drop-off service from central Dubai
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Dubai. Please indicate your Hotel in the comment section if not found from the options.
Pick-up times will vary throughout the year based on sunset times. Please use the following schedule as a guideline when planning your day and preparing for pick-up
October – February: 14:30h-15:30h
March – May: 15:00h-16:00h
June – September: 15:30h-16:30h
A confirmation of your exact pick-up time will be communicated to you via e-mail or a phone call around 13:00h on the day of the excursion. Should you not hear from us, please contact us.
What To Expect
Meet your camel convoy and enjoy a leisurely ride on a camel. Enjoy the views as your camel lumbers across the sands: you soon understand how these hardy herbivores provide ideal transport for nomadic Bedouins.
Then, arrive at a Bedouin-style camp inside a desert retreat owned by the UAE royal family. The compound stands amid rolling dunes and is illuminated by flame torches, giving it a truly Arabian feel.
As the sun sets, watch a falconry demonstration. Admire the speed and elegance of the falcons as they answer their handlers’ commands and swoop for lures.
Stroll into the dunes for photos of the sunset and enjoy a range of traditional desert activities inside a rustic-style Arabian tent. Sip Arabic coffee, get a henna tattoo, and learn to make Arabic breads during a step-by-step demonstration.
Next, settle at a low Bedouin table for a 4-course feast of typical Emirati dishes with sodas and mineral water. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
Following dinner, choose to smoke a shisha (Arabic water pipe) and watch a display of traditional dancing and music under the stars.
Return to Dubai in your minivan and end your experience with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The Dubai desert can get cooler in the evenings during winter, so we recommend you bring a light jacket and closed shoes
- Please note: Guides in the following languages (German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Chinese, ) are upon request and availability.
- Children under 5 years are not permitted
- Two guest per Camel
- Most travelers can participate
- Maximum weight is 150kg
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Platinum Heritage
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Camel Desert Safari with Traditional Dinner & Heritage Activities from Dubai.