8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Home to over 250 caves and more than 50,000 statues, the 1,500-year-old Yungang Grottoes have been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Discover them, alongside two key Datong city sights, with a private guide—and personal chauffeur for seamless door-to-door transfers. Besides the grottoes, your day includes a local restaurant lunch, the colorful Nine Dragon Screen, and Huayan Temple of Datong, a 900-year-old Buddhist monastery.
- See the Yungang Grottoes, Nine Dragon Screen, and Huayan Temple
- Hear about Datong’s proud imperial history from your private guide
- Unwind over a typical Chinese lunch in a local restaurant
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip private transfers
Saved to wishlist!
Professional tour guide
Fuel surcharge and tax
Hotel pickup & drop-off
Entrance ticket fees
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Centrally located Datong hotels, please provide your hotel information while booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY China Theme Tour
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Day Tour: Grottoes And Monastery In Datong?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Day Tour: Grottoes And Monastery In Datong
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingDatongBus Tours - Northern ChinaHistorical Tours - Northern ChinaFull-day Tours - Northern ChinaBus Tours - BeijingHistorical Tours - BeijingFull-day Tours - BeijingBus Tours - PingyaoHistorical Tours - PingyaoFull-day Tours - PingyaoCategory