- Datong day trip including UNESCO-listed Yungang Grottoes
- See the Hanging Temple of Hengshan
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by minivan
- Traditional lunch of Chinese cuisine
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
After exploring the architectural complex with your guide, it's time for a restaurant lunch featuring traditional Chinese cuisine.
Then proceed to the Yungang Grottoes, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site. Inside the ancient grottoes, you'll find some 51,000 stone Buddhist statues dating to the 5th and 6th centuries. Learn about the significance of this cave art before your private tour ends with return transport to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Beijing Variarts Tours Activities Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.