1 day (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Get out of the city for a day during this epic adventure up ‘Rainbow Mountain’ just south of Cusco. Named for the unique coloration of the rock formations there, you'll discover traditional Peruvian culture while soaking up spectacular views and enjoying a little exercise.
Saved to wishlist!
Pick up at your hotel
Round trip shared transportation
Professional bilingual English / Spanish guide
First aid kit
Oxygen bottle in case of emergency
Vegetarian options / special diet (communicate in advance)
Transfer to hotels in Cusco (you will be dropped off in Plaza Regocijo or surroundings)
Horse (in case you can not do the hike to Vinicunca), you must pay the mule driver S / 90 Soles per person.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Distance traveled: 10 km. Walking time 5 hours in total
- Tour recommended for people with trekking experience.
- You can lighten your step, taking a Horse (S/90 Soles pp), from the beginning of the walk to the Vinicunca mountain; However, from Vinicunca to the Red Valley there are no horses available, so you will have to walk 3h during this journey.
- Maximum Altitude: 5250 Msnm
- Minimum Altitude: 3850 Msnm
- A light backpack with a change of clothing for the entire trek - be prepared for a wide range of temperature changes.
- Rainwear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for about $ 1.
- Heavy-duty footwear, we recommend waterproof trekking boots. Extra socks can not be missing.
- Warm clothing, including jacket, polar liners, gloves, scarf and hat chullo. The temperature drops to below 0 ° C.
- Camera, rolls and batteries (batteries are consumed more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sun block and sunglasses.
- Cream for face and body.
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and morning water.
- We suggest you bring pills to sterilize the water in case you collect water from the streams.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need, SOROJCHI PILLS, ampoule protection, etc.
- Small towel.
- Cash - enough for snacks, tips and souvenirs.
- Walking sticks or sticks
- Binoculars (if equipped)
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inca Lake
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 20791P47
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursNature and WildlifeOvernight ToursEco ToursFull-day ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesCuscoUnique Experiences - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyOvernight Tours - Sacred ValleyEco Tours - Sacred ValleyFull-day Tours - Sacred ValleyUnique Experiences - Puerto MaldonadoBus Tours - Puerto MaldonadoNature and Wildlife - Puerto MaldonadoOvernight Tours - Puerto MaldonadoEco Tours - Puerto MaldonadoFull-day Tours - Puerto MaldonadoUnique Experiences - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaNature and Wildlife - ArequipaOvernight Tours - ArequipaEco Tours - ArequipaFull-day Tours - ArequipaCategory
TiponPisac Potato ParkChoquequiraoMt. Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain)Salkantay TrailQuechua VillageMaras Salt PoolsPre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP)Belmond Hiram BinghamSacred Valley (Urubamba Valley)Mercado Central de San PedroCentro de Textiles Tradicionales del Cusco (CTTC)Aguas CalientesPisac Indian MarketPlaza de Armas (Huacaypata)San Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)Piquillacta (Pikillaqta)Awana KanchaRaqch'iTambomachay