4 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore Quechua culture and society through its ancient wool-weaving traditions on this tour from Ollantaytambo. With round-trip travel from Ollantaytambo included, visit a Quechuan village and meet the locals with your guide. Savor a delicious home-cooked lunch in the Andean countryside, and gain insight into indigenous weaving techniques dating back to pre-Inca days. Learn how alpaca or sheep wool is hand spun into yarn, and give it a try yourself.
- Visit a local Quechuan village in the Andeal counryside
- Your guide introduces you to the welcoming local community
- Spin alpaca or sheep wool the traditional Quechuan way
- Lunch and round-trip transport from central Ollantaytambo included
Saved to wishlist!
English-speaking guide/ interpreter
Transportation from and to Ollantaytambo
Weaving lesson and demonstrations
Transportation to Ollantaytambo from other cities, such as Urubamba or Cusco
Departure & Return
Departure PointMercado Central, Ollantaytambo 08676, Peru
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Warm clothing (layers)
- Rain jacket (just in case!)
- Comfortable shoes
- Local currency (5 - 500 soles) in small bills in case you would like to buy textiles from the weavers. We recommend small bills because the women can't typically make change
- We can accommodate most special requests. We can accommodate nearly all dietary restrictions. Please note special requests or dietary restrictions in the “special instructions” section when you book. We will contact you if we are unable to accommodate your request.
- Other travel needs: If you need transportation from Cusco to Ollantatyambo, your hotel will be able to arrange this. We are unable to arrange transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo. However, we can help you arrange transportation from Ollantaytambo back to Cusco. Just ask your guide during your tour. We can also bring your luggage on the tour if you are in transit, or store them securely at our office.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Awamaki
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 72612P4
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursVolunteer Tours Cultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesCuscoUnique Experiences - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleyVolunteer Tours - Sacred ValleyUnique Experiences - Puerto MaldonadoBus Tours - Puerto MaldonadoVolunteer Tours - Puerto MaldonadoUnique Experiences - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaVolunteer Tours - ArequipaCategory
Raqch'iMt. PutucusiInca Museum (Museo Inka)Plaza de Armas (Huacaypata)Quechua VillageCentro de Textiles Tradicionales del Cusco (CTTC)Cochahuasi Animal Sanctuary (Santuario Animal de Cochahuasi)ChoquequiraoAguas CalientesOllantaytambo RuinsAgricultural Terraces of MorayPisac Potato ParkPlanetarium CuscoQ'enqo (Qenko)Salkantay TrailSan Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas)TambomachayBelmond Hiram BinghamInca Quarry TrailPisac Indian Market