8 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Journey through the ancient land of the Incas towards the magical mountaintop retreat of Machu Picchu during this 8-day, small-group excursion from Cusco. Start your trip in Cusco, the historic Andean capital, learning about the history and culture of the iconic Inca civilization. Then head out on the Inca Trail, a gorgeous but physically demanding hiking route through the Andean highlands. During your walk you'll experience lush jungle, incredible scenery and forgotten ruins built centuries ago, culminating in a visit to the iconic high-altitude citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 8-Day Classic Inca Trail Journey to Machu Picchu, from Cusco
- Embark on a multi-day, small-group trek to Machu Picchu along the famed Inca Trail
- Spend time exploring the former Inca capital of Cusco and its surrounds, with a visit to the Inca museum and a chance for souvenir shopping
- Learn traditional Andean dyeing and weaving tehcniques in Chinchero
- Hike through more than a dozen different ecosystems, admiring spectacular scenery—including snow-capped mountains and Andean cloud forest—as you go
- Receive a guided tour of the famed 'Lost City of the Incas' and enjoy ample free time to explore
Saved to wishlist!
Before the Inca Trail:
All breakfast included in the accommodations
Professional English-speaking guide
4-night accommodation in 3 star hotels.
During the Inca Trail trek:
Pick-up from your hotel
Transportation by bus to Km 82
Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
Assistant tour guide for groups of 9+
Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment
Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own)
Dining tent with tables and chairs
4-man tent for every 2 trekkers
Inflatable sleeping mattress -(you need to carry this unless you hire a personal porter)
Oxygen bottle and first-aid kit
Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us)
Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
First breakfast and last lunch of the Inka Trail
Extra Personal porter(USD$80)
Single Supplement (USD$400 for accommodation and tent)
International and domestic flights
Travel Insurance - you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
When you arrive in Cusco, one member of Inkayni team will be waiting for you in the airport or bus terminal. About tours, we will pick you up from your hotel we previously booked for you.
- Alejandro Velasco Astete Cusco International Airport (CUZ), Av. Velasco Astete, Cusco 08006, Peru
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years old
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart disease or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Important: Upon booking, please contact the email address on your voucher to advise of any specific requirements and flight information
- What you need to bring:
- Original Passport, ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Clothes: Walking boots, Waterproof jacket / rain poncho, Warm jacket, Hat and gloves, T-shirts, comfortable trousers
- Other items: Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher), insect repellent, toiletries and hand sanitizer, personal medication, camera and film, torch with spare batteries
- Note: Since 2000, the Inca trail has been regulated by the country of Peru. This has provided many wonderful things, like clean trails and camping sites, but it has also limited the amount of people on the trail each day. Now only 500 people are permitted on the trail every morning – this includes hikers, guides, porters and cooks.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Inkayni Peru Tours
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 8-Day Classic Inca Trail Journey to Machu Picchu from Cusco?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during 8-Day Classic Inca Trail Journey to Machu Picchu from Cusco?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 8-Day Classic Inca Trail Journey to Machu Picchu from Cusco?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 8-Day Classic Inca Trail Journey to Machu Picchu from Cusco?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
8-Day Classic Inca Trail Journey to Machu Picchu from Cusco
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursRail ToursBus ToursNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursMarketsWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingCuscoFood Tours - Sacred ValleyRail Tours - Sacred ValleyBus Tours - Sacred ValleyNature and Wildlife - Sacred ValleyMulti-day Tours - Sacred ValleyMarkets - Sacred ValleyWalking Tours - Sacred ValleyHistorical Tours - Sacred ValleyFood Tours - ArequipaRail Tours - ArequipaBus Tours - ArequipaNature and Wildlife - ArequipaMulti-day Tours - ArequipaMarkets - ArequipaWalking Tours - ArequipaHistorical Tours - ArequipaFood Tours - PunoRail Tours - PunoBus Tours - PunoNature and Wildlife - PunoMulti-day Tours - PunoMarkets - PunoWalking Tours - PunoHistorical Tours - PunoCategory
Inca Quarry Trail Tours & TicketsCusco Historic Center (Centro Historico de Cusco) Tours & TicketsPre-Columbian Art Museum (MAP) Tours & TicketsQ'enqo (Qenko) Tours & TicketsMercado Central de San Pedro Tours & TicketsMt. Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain) Tours & TicketsSan Pedro de Andahuaylillas (Sistine Chapel of the Americas) Tours & TicketsBelmond Hiram Bingham Tours & TicketsPisac Indian Market Tours & TicketsPlanetarium Cusco Tours & TicketsPiquillacta (Pikillaqta) Tours & TicketsAgricultural Terraces of Moray Tours & TicketsAguas Calientes Tours & TicketsRaqch'i Tours & TicketsSalkantay Trail Tours & TicketsMt. Putucusi Tours & TicketsPlaza de Armas (Huacaypata) Tours & TicketsTipon Tours & TicketsMaras Salt Pools Tours & TicketsCochahuasi Animal Sanctuary (Santuario Animal de Cochahuasi) Tours & Tickets