- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Choose to dive in and swim with manatees if you spot them
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Suit up in a wetsuit, then board a covered pontoon boat for the trip into Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge. During the winter months, the pontoon boat cabin will be fully-enclosed and heated, and drinks will be available throughout the cruise.
Manatees aren’t the only thing to see in Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge, so as you cruise the Crystal River, watch for birds, fish, and other wildlife. If manatees are spotted, slip into the water with your snorkeling gear to see what’s beneath the surface. While sighting the wild animals can’t be guaranteed, the best chance to see them is in colder weather, when they cluster in the reserve’s warmer, sheltered water.
An underwater photographer will join you throughout the tour, and if desired, you’ll have the option to purchase DVDs or digital photographs of your experience. This tour concludes at the original departure point in Crystal River.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wetsuits are available in sizes from toddlers (2 years old and up) to adults up to 5X
- It is advised that you have your swimsuit on underneath your clothes for a quicker check-in
- Please bring a towel and a plastic bag to hold your belongings
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children Under 3 years old are not allowed on this tour. Please call for other options.
- Most travelers can participate
- Post COVID-19 Policy- We are mindful to thoroughly clean water vehicles between visitors.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY River Ventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Small Group VIP Manatee Pontoon Tour.